Guess what all the foodies out there? It’s our annual ALL YOU CAN EAT NIGHT MARKET again!! This year we’re coming back with a different variety of delicious Taiwanese night market fooood!
However, in order to make this event successful, we need YOUR help!
Volunteer with us on Feb 14th to meet other amazing volunteers and our execs, also enjoy the food and fun!
Date: Feb 14th, 2016 (Sunday)
Time: 3pm-10pm (*5pm-8pm for customers-time may change slightly)
Location: Nikkei Centre in Burnaby (6688 Southoaks Crescent)
Here are the types of position available which you can consider to take a part in:
1) Server – Give customers their orders (ladling soup, filling drinks, etc).
2) Cooker - Make food in the area outside of Nikkei Centre, at a food station or in the kitchen (deep frying, making wraps, etc.).
3) Game Host – Set up the station you’re responsible for and explain the rules to the customers.
4) VIP Runner – Obtain food for the VIP guests (act as a waiter/waitress).
5) Crowd control – Help maintain customer flow, clear the crowds by entrances, etc.
*Some duties may overlap, please be comfortable assisting in other areas as well.
Orientation session is mandatory for volunteers, it will be held on UBC campus and you’ll only need to attend one of the following sessions:
Jan 28 (Thursday) 5:00pm-6:00pm OR
Jan 29 (Friday) 5:00pm-6:00pm
Benefits of volunteering:
- Opportunity to try some of the delicious dishes and maybe even learn how to make them!
- Gain understanding of Taiwanese culture.
- Great way to meet people and a chance to get to know the execs and the club more.
- Something different to add on your resume.
- Reference letter (if needed)
Soooo, all in all, if this sounds interesting and fun to you, please fill in this form right now!
DEADLINE: Jan 20, 2016 11:59pm
We hope everyone is looking forward to this awesomeeee cultural event filled with Taiwanese food and fun games!
Can’t wait to meet you guys!
Post on the wall or ask any of the execs if you have any questions
Or you can always send us an email at email@example.com ~
- From your excited volunteer coordinators, Savannah & Ellen